Monday, May 11, 2009

All geared up......sorta

Well I did it! I bought the bike! THE bike. Thursday after work, Manny Lou, Alice and Louis all met me at Pasadena Cyclery to check out the used bike I've been eyeing for a week. The same bike that I test road and freaked out on. I actually went there thinking I was going to get the new version of the bike just because it was prettier and "new". But once Manny looked at the used bike, he thought the used one was a good buy. It looked brand new and he said it was worth the savings since they were essentially the the same bike with a $250 difference. So I bought it. It was totally cool having my support group there with me because I had no clue what i was doing and what I needed to get. I felt like a kid that all the adults were so proud of getting her new bike..... hahaha

Now the actual work begins, I have to learn how to ride it. I'm going to make my way to target today to get some cheap elbow pads because I know there are accidents just waiting to happen!

On a great note, my sister, Jackie and her husband, Mike, are joining the SGV Marathon Team. They will be training for their first Half Marathon and I will be helping them fundraise. So keep your calendars open for July 25th! It will be in the evening probably around 9pm.