Ok, so I haven't updated this silly thing like I said I was going to. So here's the first of hopefully a weekly update on my training. To summarize my training for the last month and half is easy, it was close to none. Most of you know that I've been going through some family obligations. I had to put aside certain things in order to attend to what was needed. This in turn was a big change in my day to day lifestyle. You all know how busy and active I keep myself. Rarely will you find me at home with no plans. Lately I've been at home a lot because I needed to be. But now I'm trying to find that balance where I can still do things for myself as well as still be there for my family. It's a little tough but I'm starting to figure it out. So this week will be the week I am committing to really kicking it in gear and training hard. i have 6 weeks left and am crossing my fingers that muscle memory and my past triathlon experiences will help me get through my race in September.
Yesterday I met our coaches and a few teammates at Santa Monica Beach for an open water swim. I chickened out =( For my race in September, I don't need to swim in the ocean, going through waves. So I stood there watching my teammates swim through the calm waves out the the "bitch buoy". They said the water was really choppy and so I was glad I didn't go out. After they were done, a few of us went out for a run/walk for an hour and then grabbed some food at the farmers market.
So I failed this weekend in my training BUT BUT BUT I will from today on be dedicated to training. I will jump on my bike trainer tonight and will be swimming on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm not going to lie and tell you that I've been giving it all I've got when it comes to training, I just haven't. But I am hopefully going to be "kickin' it into gear" this week and from now on, focus on what needs to get done. Thanks for the support again and hopefully I get to run into some of you at the Rose Bowl, at the beach or call me up if you want to go out for a bike ride!