With Nation's triathlon coming up in a few weeks, I was entertaining the idea of switching to the relay with a few other teammates who were injured. But as the days went on I began feeling like a quitter if I decided to do that. With all the financial and emotional support given to me these past couple of months, I was only going to do a relay? I can't do that. So I've decided to still do the triathlon, to push through these last few weeks I have to train and to suck it up and DO THE DAMN THING! It won't be fun, it won't be easy, and it will take me a long time. One thing it definitely will be though is rewarding. I know that once I crawl past that finish line, I will have overcome personal battles. I will have beaten past the struggles that I, cancer patients and anyone dealing with difficulties in their lives had to go through. Life can't be a 24/7 party that is always filled with joy. It's through the toughest times where you will be tested to build your strength. So when you have to decide whether to get things done half assed or to suck it up and push through, which one do you think you would choose?
"Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."