Ever since I signed the paperwork for TNT, I've been debating about the Olympic Distance or the Classic Distance for the Malibu Triathlon. It's like deciding to do the full or half marathon. You want to do the full because everyone is training for it and it's a bigger challenge. But the thing about the Classic distance for this particular Triathlon is that it's the "fun" one of the two. The Olympic is on Saturday and is for the more hardcore tri-athlets and the only thing going on for spectators is the sandcastle contest. But Classic is the one that they are known for and is publicized. It's the one with the celebrities and a bunch of activities for kids. It's basically the MAIN event. So I'm kinda leaning towards the Classic. I think it will have a different energy vibe and it will help my spectating friends have more fun while they wait for me....haha The Classic is longer than a Sprint so it's not the shortest distance triathlon =p
BUTTERFLIES: I checked out the Tri team's website and started to get really nervous. Just seeing photos of them biking and swimming, makes me wonder, "what the heck did I sign up to do? Am I really doing this?" Talking to Audrey today made me question if I really do know how to ride a bike. I have memories of trying to ride a bike but don't ever remember riding it around anywhere. So I'm leaning towards the fact that I don't know how to ride one. But I keep telling myself, how hard can it really be? Just some practice right? If I can learn how to swim, I can learn how to ride right? *butterflies*