Monday, April 6, 2009

Malibu Tri

When I received my paperwork from Team in Training, I realized they are now offering both the Olympic and Classic Distances for fundraising. Even though I was sooooo against the Olympic Distance as my first Triathlon, with things now coming into perspective, I'm "open" to the Olympic Distance. My approach will be training for the Olympic but if things don't work out then I will not be disappointed with doing the Classic either. This season is really about raising the money more than the event and training. I will be working super hard to get those funds and I hope you will support me! BTW, I also just noticed that the Malibu Triathlon raises money for the Children's Hospital in LA, which is where Justine is getting her treatment. Yeah!

http://www.nauticamalibutri.com

Olympic Distance = 1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run
Classic Distance = 1/2 mile swim, 18 mile Bike, 4 mile run
strange how one is in Kilometers and the other in Miles.....haha